1. Collection of personal information
We will only collect personal information by legal and honest means as part of NID business operations and only to the extent required to achieve an explicitly defined collection purpose.
2. Usage and provision of personal information
We will only use personal information that has been provided by an individual for collection purposes that have been personally approved by that individual.
3. Security requirements
We will institute technical and operational security measures to prevent any unauthorized access to personal information and to mitigate the risk of any loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of such data.
4. Legal and regulatory compliance
In compliance with the provisions of Japan's Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws, ordinances and regulations, we will strive to ensure that our management of personal information is precise, proper and secure at all times.
5. Ongoing compliance program improvement
To ensure that personal information is always properly protected, we will subject our privacy compliance program to regular review and continuous improvement.
Handling of Personal Information at NID
- We do not collect or use any personal information relating to anybody accessing the NID web site without the express knowledge and approval of that person.
- Even when such approval is given, the usage of the personal information supplied is limited to the extent defined in the approval.
- Unless the individual has given specific approval, we do not send any personal information that has been provided to third parties for subcontracted processing or any other purpose.
- Moreover, we store any personal information that is collected based on strict operating procedures to ensure that it remains secure at all times.
- If we entrust an outside party with the processing of personal information, such operations must meet the same strict standards as our own internal procedures.
- The Japan Information Processing Development Corporation (JIPDEC) has certified NID's personal information handling procedures and standards as appropriate with the issuance of a Privacy Mark certificate.
Contact for inquiries regarding the handling of personal information
Sales Department (Personal Information Hotline)
TEL: +81-3-6221-6820 (direct) / +81-3-6221-6811